Disclaimer: Please note that the links below are affiliate links which means that I am compensated if you follow the link and make a purchase. This does not add any cost to you. Please see my disclosure policy.
Things to do Before 32: Update 2
So on April 11 of this year I turned 31 and around that time I created a post about the things I’d like to do before my next birthday. This list consisted of a wide range of goals including trips with the family, school goals, and friends goals. You can find that post here. Back in July I posted my first update at a quarter of the way through the year. It’s hard to believe that I am now 31.5 and 6 months have gone by!
Now that it’s been about 3 months since my last update, I thought I’d update you on the progress through my list.
1.Make 5 recipes from Pinterest – OK, so I haven’t started this one yet. My excuse is still the baby, lol. I get home from work at 5:15 and my hubby leave for work around 5:30-5:40. This doesn’t leave much time for experimentation especially when the baby wants to be fed. I hope to try some new things for the holidays or maybe a weekend brunch recipe!
2. Go to the zoo at least 3 times – We have gone to the zoo twice so far since I made my list. I don’t think this one will be an issue. Since we will be attending their Halloween event, Boo at the Zoo, on the 22nd of this month. Our membership makes this a lot easier. you can read my tips for zoo trips. here.
3. Go on a real vacation – This one is still up in the air. We had wanted to take a family vacation in the fall. However, with all of the medical expenses from Hailey’s diagnosis not to mention her constant doctor’s appointments I don’t think it’s in the cards. We can revisit that in the spring and see if things have changed.
4. Read 2 inspiring books – So far I read Eat That Frog which I talked about in this earlier post. I recently attend the online Mom Conference and was utterly inspired. So many good presentations. My favorite was the presentation by Ramona Zabriskie. Based on this I picked up her book Wife for Life and am devouring it. The Mom Conference was free, but can now be purchased for $97. Not only do you get access to all of the presentations of the conference, but you also get a ton of freebies. Ramona included one of her courses in the package which alone is worth $50. Definitely go check it out!! I will be writing a review of the conference later this month!!
5. Rent or sell my house – The house is currently on the market and we have had several showings. My mom also may be moving which would change things. If that happened we would move into her house and rent our house. At this point it’s not definite though, so that house remains on the market.
6. Move to new home – We #5 above.
7. Get back in shape after baby – I am doing really well with this. I am not yet back to my pre-pregnancy weight/size but I am definitely getting there and starting to feel good about where I’m at.
8. Perform in 2 dance productions – It’s funny how our priorities change. After T I was so gung ho about getting back to performing. This time, not so much. I am still dancing and teaching, but I’m in no rush.
9. Finish writing my book – In all honesty, I still haven’t worked on this in a while. There’s just so much to do and other priorities. Maybe over winter break from school
10. Start creating vertical images for blog – Only 19 imaged left!!
11. Do 3 DIY projects from Pinterest – This one is actually going well. Our Patriotic Wreath project was inspired by this craft on Pinterest. T and I also made lollipop ghosts and spiders based on a Pinterest post. This project will be up on the blog next week!
12. Declutter – We are doing really well with this one. We organized Tyler’s room, the living room, the downstairs closet, and have made progress with the basement. The next major room will be our bedroom!
13. Plan a T and mommy date at least once a month after Hailey is born – Having a newborn that breastfeeds has made this difficult. The boys had one on one time out of the house, but Tyler and I didn’t. I’m looking to have a lunch date with him soon. We have had some one on one time at home but I really want to take him out without Hails.
14. Complete 27 credits of grad school – I have now completed 21 credits. I am currently taking 2 courses which will bring me to the 27 credits before Christmas. Then just a few more classes and requirements and I will be a Math Master!!
15. Have consistent date nights with the hubs – As I said, this is super hard for us because I work days and my husband works nights. We fell off the wagon in August but we were back on track for September. This month we had an at home date last week and on the 29th we will be seeing a Broadway show for our 5 year anniversary.
16. Complete cookbook for my nonprofit – Before I had Hailey, I presented the idea of doing a cookbook to my board. I had explained that with a newborn I would not be able to take the lead on this project. However, a cookbook would be a lot easier than organizing and holding photo shoots for the calendar. My board however has not gotten this project going….
17. Have a couples game night – We had a Cards Against Humanity Game Night with some of my in laws!! So fun! I can’t wait to do it again
18. Plan and have a girls brunch – This still hasn’t happened yet… Everyone has super busy schedules and everyone is popping out babies… Hopefully, soon!
19. Participate in 2-3 charity walks – We just completed the diabetes walk on October 9. That one is close to my heart. I’m looking into other walks and hope to find one that falls on a Sunday, so it doesn’t conflict with T’s dance class.
20. Run a donation drive – I’m looking to do this closer to the holidays. I will possibly be doing a book and pajama drive again.
So that’s my progress so far on my list on things to do my 32nd birthday. I’ve made pretty good progress on most of the items, there are just a few more to start working on. Mainly the ones involving Pinterest. Hopefully I can make some headway there for next time!
Do you have big birthday goals? Tell me about them in the comments.
Have a great weekend!!
Emily Bendler is a mom, wife, full-time insurance adjuster, professional dancer, dance teacher, graduate student, and founder of I Hope You Dance, Inc., a non-profit supporting youth dance. Read how Emily used her dance ambitions to become a time management maven. Feel free to send Emily a message using the email me tab above.